Wedding Dress Success | Xennox Diamonds
So you said YES to the ring (and your partner of course) !!!
Now it is time to start planning the big special day you have been waiting on. In the beginning it might feel a little overwhelming with so many moving parts to organise. The best thing to do, is to start with one thing at a time. With the average engagement period for many couples today around the 12 – 18months, it is a good idea to start your wedding dress shopping around 9-12 months before the wedding.
Thanks to our friends at White Lilly,
Here are 7 key tips you need to know when looking for a wedding dress.
- Do your initial research. Check out all the socials for inspiration. White Lilly Instagram and Pintrest are a great place to start. Look for the parts of the design you like, and sometimes more importantly don’t like. It will really help when you start looking at wedding dresses in person.
- Once you have narrowed down a rough design, and the design showroom you want to visit, have a look at their collections (link) prior to your appointment. This will allow you to get the most out of your session with the bridal consultant.
- Bring 2 to 3 of your closet and trusted people to your appointment. The ones who will give you honest feedback with a good dose of love. Any more than that, and you are likely to get too many conflicting opinions and leave your appointment feeling unresolved.
- Avoid fake tanning to close to your appointment. The last thing you want is damaging one of the dresses, or having an unrealistic colour match between your skin tone and the colour of the dress you want to choose.
- Don’t judge a dress on the hanger and try and keep an open mind. You never know what will look good on your till you try it. Remember that sometimes what you leave with, isn’t what you came in with.
- Wear nude, seamless underwear / shapewear, and a strapless bra and be prepared to have someone help you into the dress.
- Decide on a comfortable budget. It will help you narrow down the options and keep things in perspective.
While you might be nervous, excited, anxious about your first wedding dress appointment. It is important to put your trust in your stylist. They are experts at what they do and have helped countless brides find their perfect gown. They will be able to make suggestions about what dress will fit your body shape. They can also help you with any alterations and discuss any fitness regimens you might have in the lead up to your special day.
It is important to also listen to your gut and pay attention to how the gowns make you feel when deciding. You will know “the one” when you put it on, butterflies in the tummy and tears of joy are not uncommon.
Choosing your wedding dress should be an amazing experience. One that you look back on many years from now with fond memories, not just for the dress but those special people in your life you chose to share it with.