The Wide World of Pearls, Our 49th Issue: 💞 Circles of Love 💞
Tahitian pearls are the exotic “black pearls” that are the stuff of legend.
Just the mention of black Tahitian pearls, conjures up thoughts of deep tropical waters, swaying palm trees and good men gone mad in search of them.
When discussing the color of Tahitian pearls (or pearls in general) the term “black” is used to describe pearls with dark body colors.
It could be blue, purple, green, brown, silver — but never a true black.
In addition to the body color, Tahitian pearls can display an amazing range of overtones (especially the circle and baroque shapes).
Traditionally the most sought after (expensive) Tahitian pearls will have a dark green body color and peacock (think oil slick) overtones.
- Circled Baroque pearls are pearls that are Baroque but feature one or more circles on them. Usually they are very heavily circled.
- Circled pearl necklaces were first promoted by Tiffany’s in the 1970s as “Circles of Love”. Tahitian pearl producers needed a way to create desire for these unusual pearls.
- Circled baroques usually feature particularly high concentrations of color banding and luster.
- Because Circled pearls are considered part of the Baroque pearl shape, Circled pearls also account for 40-50% of each pearl harvest.
- Originally promoted with Tahitian pearls, Circled Baroque pearls can also be found in South Sea and Freshwater pearl types.
These exotic Tahitian pearls hail from the warm tropical atolls of Tuamotu and Gambier Islands, part of French Polynesia. Each pearl in this strand was grown for at least two seasons(minimum of 18-24 months).
While most “discount” strands are only grown one season. The extra time in the water is what gives these pearls exceptionally thick nacre and a deep three-dimensional luster.
Because of our founder’s direct contacts in French Polynesia, we’re able to offer this strand of pearls for 1/5th the price of traditional luxury retailers — without sacrificing quality, luster or color.
This Multi-color Circled Baroque pearl necklace features a mix of light, medium and dark gray body colors with varied overtones of peacock, green, silver, gold and more. Pearls have high luster and very light blemishes.
- This strand is a unique one-of-a-kind necklace.
- The photo is of the exact necklace you will receive