Hot Jewelry Trends for Summer 2021: bold, colorful, fun
After almost 18 months of seeing the top half of people on Zoom, we’re back—and these jewelry trends are hot, hot, hot! Evening strolls, restaurants, cookouts, and loads of weddings are luring us out of our homes. Here’s what the well-jeweled will be wearing as we make our way back into society.
Bring on the color!
What better way to say “I’m HERE” after all the darkness than with bright jewels? And this year, the more vibrant, the better:
- Stack those colorful beaded bracelets
- Pile on bright enamel rings
- Shake those shoulder-length tassel earrings
- Combine your diamonds with any other pieces—tourmaline, opals, turquoise—that will catch an extra sparkle in the sun
Chunky (jewelry) is in
We’ve all gained pounds during the pandemic—and so has our jewelry. So let it flow!
- Bangles are back in style (and the more, the merrier)
- Bring out those statement cocktail rings!
- Enamel can add chunk and color at the same time
- Tip: If you’re going chunky with bracelets, you can choose flamboyant or more neutral tones. If your wrist has beiges, let the color pop at the neckline or finger.
Get the blues—but only in your jewelry
Maybe it’s the association with the beach, but blue, in all its shades, is always a summer favorite.
- Chunky turquoise combines ease with elegance. Dress it up or down.
- Other blue stones—aquamarine, topaz, zircon, sapphire, and tourmaline will bring a freshness to your summer outfits.
Think refreshing sherbet
We all loved the ice cream truck when we were little. Capture the popsicle colors to refresh your summer outfits.
- Yellow/gold: Citrine, topaz
- Pink: Tourmaline
- Red: Garnet, spinel
- Green: Peridot, emerald, tourmaline
Wait, there’s more!
Cosmo has their favorite trends, too:
- Pair a long necklace hung with charms with bright chokers—don’t be afraid to layer chains
- Wear huggee hoops with dangly charms
- Splash on pearls
- Embrace big, bold necklaces, particularly with massive links